Why the smart money is on smart tugs in Singapore
Singapore has bold ambitions to be the epicentre of the world's Smart Tug industry.
Its Maritime Port Authority (MPA) is working with Keppel Singmarine and Keppel Smit Towage on a breakthrough project to construction and operate an autonomous tug by Q4 2020.
In a separate project, the IntelliTug project, PSA Marine and Wärtsilä are developing and testing smart tug technologies - including autonomous systems, robotics, data analytics, AI and green technologies - that support smarter tug operations including collision avoidance, smart navigation, during transit and at anchorage.
Singapore's motivations are clear - and resonate with port authorities globally. Smart Tug Technology is seen as the gateway to maintaining competitiveness and improving safety, environmental and economic performance. By 2040, when the final construction phase of the Tuas next generation mega port completes, Singapore's port capacity and traffic are envisaged to double.
Riviera's one day Smart Tug Conference will profile Smart Tug Technology from technical, operational, commercial, regulatory and environmental perspectives.
Attendees will come away with a route map for their business wherever they sit in the supply chain.
- The case for Smart Tugs and Smart Tug Technology
- Case studies, research and development and project updates
- Autonomous operations, technology and legislation
- Crew considerations, manning and training
- Software and onboard systems
- Monitoring and control technologies
- Satellite connectivity/requirements
- Cyber security
- The regulatory framework, standards and standardisation
Attend and you will …
- Come away with insights into the challenges and issues port operators and owners can solve through smart tug technology.
- Understand the market for smart tugs and technology in Singapore and globally.
- Be clear on what will guide legislation and uptake in this area.
- Meet and network with owners/operators, regulators and the supply chain.
To secure your place at this must-attend event please contact Kym Tan, Head of Sales Asia, at firstname.lastname@example.org or t: +65 6809 1278.